The 65th Annual Louisiana Peach Festival starts two weeks from this very day! It's time to check the schedule and start making plans. June 26 & 27 will be a HUGE weekend in Ruston and we don't want you to miss a thing! Check out our list of "dos" and "don'ts" to get you started.
|The Molly Ringwalds bring back 80's jams.|
1. See (and taste) the World's Largest Peach Cobbler. The Hampton Inn of Ruston crew has been preparing to break the Guinness World Record for the Largest Fruit Cobbler. Witness the official weighing at noon on Saturday then stick around for your free cup of cobbler! Catch up on the story here.
2. Check out BOTH entertainment stages. An additional stage as been added to the festival this year to keep the entertainment going all day and night! JT Hodges, the Molly Ringwalds, Dash Rip Rock and Monty Russell are among the many performers! Check out the weekend's music line-up here.
3. Take some selfies at our photo op locations. We'll have an official Louisiana Peach Festival frame set up on Park Avenue along with two Instrgram selfies frames. Take a minute to capture the fun! Be sure to share them with us! @RustonCVB
4. Check the outlying events schedule. Click here to see events throughout Ruston like the Peach Fine Art Exhibit, rodeo, bass tournament, etc.
5. Get some peach ice cream. We were all deeply troubled by the Blue Bell Ice Cream Crisis, but fear not, Peach Fest will have delicious peach ice cream!
|Fresh peaches for sale at Mitcham Farms!|
1. Leave town without visiting Mitcham Farms Peach Orchard. Mitcham Farms is the largest peach grower in Ruston! Swing by for a bucket of fresh, hand-picked peaches. Be sure to stop inside the peach store for every peach product you can imagine!
2. Forget to purchase your 2015 Peach Fest t-shirt and poster. They're available at the CVB/Chamber office, multiple location throughout Ruston AND at the festival.
3. Miss the after party at The Revelry. We're excited for Whiskey Myers live at The Revelry following the festival Friday night. Show starts at 10:00pm and you must be 18+ to enter. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Admission is FREE if you purchase your festival armband at the CVB prior to June 24th!
4. Forget to bring the kids a change of clothes. Water slides have been added to the list of children's activities! Don't leave home without extra clothes!
5. Share your festival experience without using the hashtags #LAPeachFest15 and #RustonLA. We want to see and share your photos! Tag us @RustonCVB and @LAPeachFest!
Amanda Quimby is a native of Franklin Parish, a University of Louisiana at Monroe alumna and now a proud Ruston resident. As the marketing director for the CVB, she has an love for travel and tourism, and the coolest job ever. Amanda’s favorite things: coffee, wine and swing jazz. When she’s not working, ...just kidding. She’s always working. Follow her on Instagam and Twitter.