Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tori’s Travels: Football and Fashion in Ruston

Written by Tori Ward, CVB Marketing/PR Assistant

Well hello everyone! It’s been a hot minute since I’ve shared about my recent travels in Ruston, so let me jump right in. If I had to pick the two things I look forward to doing most on the weekends, it would be shopping (sorry bank account) and watching football games. Thankfully, Ruston provides me with plenty of opportunities to get my fashion and football fill.

Cheering on the Bulldogs at the LA Tech vs. FIU game
Ruston, La. is Bulldog Country, and that means we count down the days to LA Tech football games. Having graduated from LSU, I was sure that I already had the most fun college game days I would ever experience. Guess what, I was wrong.

I’ve been to two home football games so far and I’ve had a blast at both! From tailgating with friends to jumping up and down in the stands as the Bulldogs make yet another beautiful touchdown, I’ve found that LA Tech game days are full of excitement. 

Starting game day by tailgating in a sea of Bulldog fans is quite the experience. There are tons of people out tailgating hours before the game, yet the atmosphere remains welcoming and laid-back. Everyone is super hospitable and friendly, so don’t miss out on stopping by a tailgate or two. If you haven’t been to a LA Tech football game, then you’re seriously missing out and should get yourself a ticket to one of the three remaining home games.

Display at Ruston Florist and Boutique
I did that thing where I judged a book by its cover; I know, not cool. But I assumed when I heard the name “Ruston Florist” that it was strictly a flower shop and I would probably never need to go there. Yet again, I was mistaken. Ruston Florist does create incredible flower arrangements, but it’s also a gorgeous boutique that carries some amazing designers and products. You’ll find clothing, jewelry, accessories, home décor, candles and more in this charming little boutique. They even do Fashion Show Luncheons twice a month that are a great way to mingle and see upcoming trends and styles.

I got the chance to go to one of their Fashion Show Luncheons and it was such a cute and fun event! I loved that they showed different looks for all ages and occasions, and the food was 100% homemade and absolutely delicious. I definitely plan on going again and making a girls day out of it!


Ruston Fashion Week
Ruston Fashion Week was all the buzz in North Louisiana last week. With 25 local businesses participating, it was a busy seven days full of fun events hosted at local shops. I was seriously impressed by the creativity displayed in the weeks’ events and by the turnout from the public.

I attended the event that was put on by The Fashion of Ruston called “A Stylish Affair.” It included a full-force fashion show as well as a cocktail reception with amazing food and drinks. Y’all, I was blown away. I could not believe how cool this event was. The atmosphere was upbeat and fun, the runway looked incredible, the models were on point; I could go on and on. Basically, everything was flawless. If you missed the events of Ruston Fashion Week this year, then you seriously missed out. I can’t wait to see how this week of fashion events evolves and grows in the future!

"A Stylish Affair" event at The Fashion
Fashion show put on by The Fashion

Well, that wraps up my recent football and fashion adventures. Keep checking the blog for more of my travels and for the behind-the-scenes look at what’s happening in Ruston. See y’all around town!



Tori Ward is a proud Louisiana native, born and raised in Shreveport, La. She is an LSU alumna and has a passion for all things PR. Tori is an avid movie watcher, coffee fanatic and lover of the outdoors. She is currently attending Louisiana Tech to pursue a master’s degree in business administration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment