Friday, May 26, 2017

Molly Meets Ruston: Lincoln Parish Park

Written by: Molly Coleman, Marketing Assistant 

Summer is here! This means it's time to spend some time outdoors! I get an itch to get outside every day the sun is out, especially during the summertime! I recently discovered Ruston's Lincoln Parish Park and let me tell you - I am in love!

And since then, I have been back multiple times! I have a very good feeling I will be spending many of my warm weather days out there, especially at the beach! Lincoln Parish Park is absolutely beautiful and there is so much to do for both locals and travelers alike! 

Look how steep this hill is! 




Getting outside and being active is one of my favorite things to do, it's very refreshing and there is just something that is humbling about nature! At Lincoln Parish Park you have so many choices to get outside and be active! Lincoln Parish Park is known for its mountain bike trails, it's actually rated the number one mountain bike trail in the South!! Unfortunately - the only bike I own is a beach bike, so it would not survive these trails! But, if you have a good bike head out to the park because there are so many trails for all levels of riders - beginner to advance. Load up your bike and go for a spin in Ruston at Lincoln Parish Park! There is one hill on the bike trail that is so steep it's shocking - you will have to see this... or try it for yourself! 







But, for those like me, who enjoy running or walking you will absolutely love the paved trail that goes all the way around the lake. It is such a peaceful setting to get out and exercise! I have been out here to run for myself and even to walk my puppy dog! Along my walks and runs the scenery included campsites, wildlife and sometimes I even come across a friendly fisherman or two! There are also a lot of races hosted at the park. I have participated in a few and recently placed in the female division of the Railroad Fest 5K! (Who knew?)



While my husband and I spent an afternoon with our rebellious chocolate lab out at the park we also did a lot of relaxing at one of the piers on the lake! These piers are a perfect place to truly enjoy the lake, bring along a picnic or even sunbathe! Our dog, Maverick, had more fun than we did, even though he was a little disappointed he couldn't jump in and chase the ducks! If you like to be out in the sun relaxing you will love the beach and the piers. 





While exploring Lincoln Parish Park I also realized there are so many fascinating trees to learn about, yes there are more than just Pine Trees in the nature of North Louisiana! The park has an entire tree trail you can follow and read about all the different trees out at Lincoln Parish Park. We followed the trail and it was very, very cool! There are so many things to do and see at Lincoln Parish Park for all walks of people! Go camping (rough it with a tent or bring your RV!), fish out on the lake, cook with their grills and picnic tables, and of course explore, explore, explore! Head to Lincoln Parish Park - don't miss out on the hidden gem of #RustonLA!






Molly is a coffee addict and a self-proclaimed foodie. She loves running, traveling and college football. Molly is passionate for local charm and bringing others to love #RustonLA. Original native of Mississippi and a proud current resident of Ruston, LA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment