Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Meet the Staff: Part 2

At the Ruston Lincoln Parish Convention & Visitors Bureau, our team is busy every day developing and promoting the tourism economy of Lincoln Parish. In the last year there have been some changes and additions to the office so we would like to take to take this opportunity to introduce our staff to you!
Amanda Quimby, Marketing Director
Amanda joined the CVB staff in September 2013 as the new Marketing Director. She is responsible for implementing sales and marketing and communications/PR on behalf of the CVB.
Amanda came to the CVB from the marketing team at Skyjacker Suspensions in West Monroe, LA where she spent the last two years. During her time with Skyjacker, Amanda was responsible for social media and email marketing, brand development and promotion and event sponsorship. Amanda also has a background in the tourism industry, having served as the Communication Intern with the Monroe-West Monroe CVB for two years.
  “I accepted the Marketing Director position without much knowledge of the area. I have very much enjoyed getting to know the people here, visiting the attractions and restaurants and shopping the local boutiques. This really is such a beautiful place.”

Amanda is originally from Winnsboro, LA and moved to Monroe in 2005 to attend the University of Louisiana at Monroe where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications. 

Amanda is a member of the Louisiana Travel Promotion Association and serves on the board of the Northeast Louisiana Film Commission.  


Q&A

What is the most rewarding part of your job?
Getting to show and tell people the great things about Ruston and Lincoln Parish. I’ve fallen in love with this place so I feel lucky to get to promote it every day.

Being new to the area, what is your favorite thing about Ruston Lincoln Parish so far?
I absolutely adore Downtown Ruston. The area is beautiful and you just can’t beat the shopping and dining; especially when the restaurants have live music!

What three items are always in your purse?
My wallet of course, my Kindle Fire and lipstick. I can’t do without my lipstick.

What is your favorite snack food?
Raisinets. There is a bag of them sitting on my desk right now.

Are you a morning person?
I really wish I was a morning person, but no, I am absolutely not.


Check back Friday, October 4th for Meet the Staff: Part 3!




No comments:

Post a Comment